Friday, November 24, 2006

Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum...


Not that you would have noticed my absence (given my lackluster posting again) had I not pointed it out, but in less than 24 hours I will be perched upon a beach in Grand Cayman for the next seven days, soaking up sun, drinking rum runners, and digging my toes in the sand. Oh yeah, I'm soooooooo excited!

It seems as though no time is ever a good time to take a week off for a vacation, but I tried my best to leave my office and caseload in decent shape. Work has been busy, as usual - it always is - but I'm hoping the break will recharge my batteries for another year of lawyering. After more than a year of learning the ropes, I'm ready to get away from the action for awhile.

Thanksgiving was a great start - family, turkey, meeting my cousin Jake's great new girlfriend (she's a keeper, and our family could use a new member) - but I miss my grandfather more than words can say. I suppose the holidays are for counting blessings and remembering loved ones, and I definitely will be doing that this year.

So... I'll try to post occasionally from the Caribbean for those of you still braving the The Office and Old Man Winter. Love love!

Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum
Santa's run off to the Caribbean
He thinks about boat drinks and fun in the sun
Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of rum
Santa's run off to the Caribbean
Marimbas, calimbas, he's playing steel drums
Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum
Santa's run off to the Caribbean
A week in the tropics and he'll be all right
Sporting a tan as he rides out of sight