Monday, January 29, 2007

My two cents

I don't understand this whole rush to announce that you are going to announce your candidacy for the President of the United States. I mean, seriously. Rudy isn't just hanging out in New Hampshire doing tax-free shopping. He's obviously joined the fight, but he hasn't even announced that his hat is in the ring yet. I like Rudy a lot, but he needs to get off the fence already.

And Hillary. For the love of God. Hillary is possibly the most annoying woman in America. No doubt she's incredibly intelligent, but I don't think she's doing women any favors with her bitchy attitude. The past two months of Hillary soundbites - "I'm in it to win it!" - has been more than enough for me. And how about that uncomfortable innuendo this past weekend comparing her experience with "evil, bad men" to her husband, Bill? She stands by him when he gets some strange in the oval office, only to take distasteful jabs at him when it suits her political agenda? Yeah, that's classy.

Other than Hillary, I listen when the other candidates (or soon-to-be-candidates) speak. And although campaigning has begun early this time around (annoyingly so), it can't hurt to have the extra months to evaluate these people - and their respective agendas - that want to lead this country. We're in for some changes around here, and we all have a responsibility to be informed.