Monday, April 16, 2007

Notes on the media...

I don't know about y'all, but I am really looking forward to Tiki Barber's debut on the Today Show. I think he will be an excellent addition to the mix, and not just because he's Tiki Barber. He's clearly smart, outspoken, ambitious, and I think he will do well in broadcast journalism for NBC. And this is all in addition to the fact that he is intelligent, charming, and beautiful - hopefully a winning combination for my favorite morning news.

Having said that, I am now watching MSNBC coverage of the Virginia Tech masacre, and I'm not impressed at all with Keith Olberman's coverage of the horrible tragedy. Speculation and criticism of the responding officers and administration this soon in the investigation is just not fair, but such easy game for these reporters gunning for ratings.

Retrospect is always the bullshit gold mine of the media.