Sunday, April 08, 2007

I FOUND AN EGG!!

Until today, I thought the best thing about this year's Easter holiday was that Splenda finally came out with sugar-free Peeps (aside from the true meaning of Easter, of course). Y'all know I love me some Peeps. Not as good as the original lavender bunnies, of course, but they will suffice very well for this girl trying to not eat sugar.

Today, however, I was invited to spend Easter with Kelly and her family, who celebrate Cascarones on Easter. Three words: So. Much. Fun.

Best moments include:
* Searching the yard obsessively for 54 festively-dressed eggs filled with confetti with Kelly, her sisters, T, sweet Anna and her parents.
*Trying to point out my finds to Anna (at two, the only true egg-hunt-worthy-candidate), despite my desire to screech "I FOUND AN EGG!!" and keep it for mysef.
* Running around the yard busting eggs on other people's heads. Greatest stress-relief!
* Having confetti stuck in my hair... and loving it.
* T telling me that she loves to busts eggs on my head, for no other reason than to make me laugh like a loon.
* Cheesy potato casserole. And cupcakes.
* Holding Lily Marie, two weeks old.
* Tita's (Kelly's mom) commentary on the wine - "This bottle is a lot better than the first." - and then realizing it was the same wine.
* Being included in another family's holiday tradition.

Wishing everyone had so much fun this Easter!