Monday, February 27, 2006

Oh baby, it's 1, 2, 3...

Monday noteworthies:

* Peeps are back. I bought my first (of many, I'm sure) boxes tonight, and for the record, lavender peeps are my favorite. In my world, Peeps signal spring, and I love love love spring *. I am so excited, I could just peep.

* Rugby shirts and minivans can be absolutely sexy... if you're the right kind of person.

* I was balls to the wall productive today. I stayed late to finish a project that fascinated me, and I didn't mind putting in the extra hours one bit. I met with one of the partners on my way out, and he chuckled at my enthusiasm. These little things make me so grateful and happy to finally be practicing law in the way I always imagined I eventually would.

* Is there really a difference between "provocative" and "evocative"?

* I recently experienced one of the best martinis of my life (not Monday noteworthy, but I didn't want the point to get lost in the fray, and it is noteworthy). Vodka (gin substitute) martini, with apricot brandy, splash of vermouth, dash of grenadine, shaken with a fresh rose petal on top. An American Beauty from Club Soda. It was beautiful, sexy and tasty.

* I've had Ready For The World's "Oh Sheila" in my head all day. oh Sheila oh oh oh... God love the 80s and corrupt girlfriends.

* Multiple past blog links, if you're so inclined.